Last month NetSuite announced that they acquired Retail Anywhere creating the industry’s first cloud business system that unifies Point of Sale (POS) and eCommerce into a single application. Not only does this acquisition add key capabilities to to support multi-channel retail access for eCommerce businesses, it builds on the SuiteCommerce platform giving retailers what they need to grow revenues, open up new sales channels and expand their business globally while improving the customer experience. This new solution can be used to manage physical stores and facilitate transactions, accept payments, interact with cash registers and related devices, track sales clerk usage, and offer loss prevention capabilities. Almost every retailer today that operates a physical store also has a web store. By unifying these two sales channels a retailer can dramatically improve the customer experience. Up until this point only the world’s largest retailers owned multi-million dollar, completely customized, POS solutions. The recent acquisition effectively levels the playing field for small retailers and offers the following benefits:
- Manage cash drawers
- Time clock tracking
- Store-level sales
- Inventory reporting
- Operate without continuous internet connectivity
- Allows customers to buy online or arrange pickup at a local store
- Get real-time information about all sales and inventory across stores and channels
- Get visibility into each of their customer’s transactions so they can better merchandise to serve them
- Manage all products, pricing, and promotions
- Close a sale when you’re out of stock in a particular store by viewing product availability in other store, with the ability to hold it there, transfer it to another store, or have it shipped directly to the shopper.
NetSuite says it plans to continue the development of Retail Anywhere to improve functionality and performance. All existing Retail Anywhere customers will remain on their existing contracts before rolling over into a new NetSuite contract. NetSuite offers unified ERP and CRM solutions on a cloud-based system. For questions about Retail Anywhere pricing and available modules please contact us at (800) 882-6705.